IIM Calcutta is one of the best business schools in India. It is ranked at 3rd by NIRF among the top management institutes in the country. The establishment of this institute took place in the year 1961 at Joka, West Bengal. The B School offers PG, doctoral and executive courses to the students. It has consistently witnessed a huge number of recruiters and students are placed in reputed firms across the world with high salary packages.
|Campus Size||135 acres|
IIM Calcutta Admission
- For admission, students must have completed their graduation with a minimum of 50% marks
- Students also need to secure a valid score in CAT for admission
- Overseas candidates need to have a valid score in GMAT
- Final selection to MBA is on the basis of cumulative score of CAT percentile, Written Ability Test, Personal Interview, academic performance and also work experience
- For admission in MBA-Ex, students must have a valid score in GMAT exam
- For admission, students must have completed their engineering degree
- Admission is based on the aptitude test that is conducted by the institute.
- For admission, students must have completed their post-graduation with 60% aggregate marks
- Students need to appear in a Computer-Based test that is conducted by the institute
- For admission, students must have completed their post-graduation with 50% aggregate marks
- Students need to have a valid score in GMAT/ JRF/UGC-NET/ GRE / GATE/CAT
A variety of scholarships are provided by IIM Calcutta. These scholarships are sponsored by various companies, like Ratan Tata Trust, Aditya Birla Group. There are also Scholarships for deserving students based merit and other criteria as guided by the sponsors.
Moreover, there are merit scholarships for deserving SC/ST students who have disabilities. A few Merit-Cum-Means Scholarships are also sponsored by Govt. of India for SC/ST students based on their performance during admissions.
Conclusion: The college is one of the best colleges which provide the students with a lot of job opportunity in top-notch companies. If you are planning to do an MBA, you can choose this college